Katja is a rustic hand tufted wool rug with a pile cut in two different heights in an abstract organic pattern. Inspired by the Swedish fashion designer Katja of Sweden and her clothes in jersey, the designer Maja Johansson Starander has worked with an interpreation of textile as corpus. A specially developed wool yarn with lots of volume has been used in a new unique 3D tuft technique to form the curly, frizzy even waffled surface. The yarn has a deeper color on the inside which creates an interesting visual depth in the rug. Katja also's got a simplistic but well made border. This rug with its raw urban texture is presented in a both sensual and soft gesture. Like an exclusive piece of clothing fallen the floor.
Any size and shape available up to 400x600cm.
Larger sizes upon request.
- PRODUCT TYPE: Hand tufted rug in pure wool
- MATERIAL: 100% wool
- BASE FABRIC: Polyester
- BACKING MATERIAL: Polypropylene and recycled yarn
- PILE HEIGHT: approx 15/35 mm
- TOTAL HEIGHT: approx 18/38 mm
- TOTAL WEIGHT: approx 4500 g/m²
- ADHESIVE: Aqueous acrylic adhesive